DBeaver is free universal database tool for developers and database administrators.
- Usability is the main goal of this project, program UI is carefully designed and implemented.
- It is freeware.
- It is multiplatform.
- It is based on opensource framework and allows writing of various extensions (plugins).
- It supports any database having a JDBC driver.
- It may handle any external datasource which may or may not have a JDBC driver.
- There is a set of plugins for certain databases (MySQL and Oracle in version 1.x) and different database management utilities (e.g. ERD).
Supported (tested) databases:
MySQL,Oracle,PostgreSQL,IBM DB2,Microsoft SQL Server,Sybase,ODBC,Java DB (Derby),Firebird (Interbase),HSQLDB,SQLite,Mimer,H2,IBM Informix,SAP MAX DB,Cache,Ingres,Linter,Teradata,Any JDBC compliant data source
- Database metadata browse
- Metadata editor (tables, columns, keys, indexes)
- SQL statements/scripts execution
- SQL highlighting (specific for each database engine)
- Autocompletion and metadata hyperlinks in SQL editor
- Result set/table edit
- BLOB/CLOB support (view and edit modes)
- Scrollable resultsets
- Data (tables, query results) export
- Transactions management
- Database objects (tables, columns, constraints, procedures) search
- ER diagrams
- Database object bookmarks
- SQL scripts management
- Projects (connections, SQL scripts and bookmarks)